Wednesday, July 7, 2010

100 samples!

Two wonderful mornings brought two sets of 6 and 7 samples from Dug Stuart and Rachel Turner to my door.
Dug's set from the Waikato: The three on the right are from the Waikato river, before, mid and after hamilton. It is interesting that you can visibly see the difference between them.
And Rachels set from Turangi-Rotorua

With a set of 6 that I brought back from Whanganui from my brother, Alex Hitchcock, that takes the total up so far to 110 samples!!! Which I think is pretty awesome for a couple of months.

The downside: I still only have 4 samples from the south island, out of 110!!!
I realised also, that the scale of what I create with the samples is such that if I do 6 vials at 5mL each from each sample, I still need roughly 400 samples to get me to the 2400 vials needed to make something 1.5m high...So... send links to all you know! I've got another couple of months collecting tops!

Many thanks to all that have contributed so far.
Amelia

No comments:

Post a Comment